background

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thursday Thoughts

I coach high school cross country with another girl (she’s been coaching since 2006) and my husband. Ray has coached XC and wrestling on and off since about 2002. All the to say, I am baffled this year. We’ve had so many injuries, grade issues, quitting, etc. it reminds me that running is extremely tough and demanding, but yet can be so rewarding! Heck, there are days when I want to quit before I even get out the door but I just keep going and the reward is always there even on the day of a not so great run! So what do I do? Just keep pushing through. The biggest difference between high school me and me now is mental strength. Now, how do I bottle that up and teach it to my high schoolers? Ha!

In other news, it’s a cut back week on marathon training and I’m half way cutting back because I will need to cut back more than the plan calls for next week because I have a 1/2 marathon on Sunday 10/15. 

Today is long run day with the team (short/mid run for me) so I can pace my varsity girls which is always fun and dinner with my family tonight! I like Thursdays :) 

October is breast cancer awareness month and Coach Nelson is a survivor so we wear lots of pink in October! 


And next week is our “It’s not about me week,” so we’ll each run for a cause or a person without times/music/etc. 

In other news, I’m still working on figuring out my stomach issues while I run. I really don’t want to do an elimination diet, but that might be where I’m headed if I can’t get this figured out :( Truly, a 1st world problem and I’m so thankful for nutrition.

What’s on your Thursday agenda?
Any Thursday thoughts?
Are you training for anything right now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment