background

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

WIAW

Does anybody else hate cooking once it starts getting warmer 🙋🏻? I'm just kind of tired of thinking, meal planning, cooking, eating... I'm pretty sure I'm still coming down from a school hangover.

All that to say that I am still cooking and eating 😏 The kids are running xc practices with me and the hubs at 6am and then they are racing home, showering and off to school by 7:30 so smoothies in the car have been a life saver!

This is ice, 2 bananas, 2 handfuls of spinach, a large spoonful of pb, 2 large spoonfuls of vanilla Greek yogurt, chocolate Vega (protein & greens) and a bit of hershey syrup.

After dropping them off, it's either boot camp or home and doing chores, because you know teachers save everything for summertime! When I have time it's been egg whites with salsa and a slice of Dave's Killer Bread with guac and truffle salt. So so good.

When I don't have as much time, it's a Kirkland cookie dough protein bar and a piece of fruit.

I'm still obsessed with stone fruit, chicken, and goat cheese salads for lunch.

And dinners this week are brought to you by 'I'm trying to clean out the fridge and pantry!' Tonight is chili (w 5 random cans of beans), corn bread, and roasted veggies!

Today is my 88th day run streak!


As I'm thinking more and more about marathon training, I've decided that I need to run SLOW about 75% of the time and I've been working on that. It sounds dumb but it's a hard thing to work out in your mind! I've also mentioned two speed days and working tempo/fartleks into my long runs. Additionally, I need to work out with faster ladies. Ah! This is so intimidating, but I am committed.

What do you do when you're in a cooking rut?
What's your go to breakfast?
What's your favorite time of the year for cooking?



2 comments:

  1. Can I steal your vitamix and while I'm at it, I'll just take the smoothie as well. Looks great and super nutritious--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the Vitamix has been a great investment! I've definitely killed a few blenders in my day ;)

      Delete