background

Monday, June 19, 2017

Week in Review

I'm starting to think a little more about building a base for marathon training. What that means is I want to build to about 35 miles a week and build to a 10-12 mile long run. I've kept a longish run of about 7.5-8 miles and honestly, there's about 2.5-3 miles worth of uphill in that so I feel like it counts for more than a flat 7.5-8.

This week my mileage was 26.4 with 4 days of hills (T, F, Sa, Sun) and 3 days of boot camp/strength training.

It's not a wonder my legs are tired! I have a tendon that runs on the outside of my left ankle that is super tight. I'm guessing it's from all the pivoting while trying to dodge rocks when running downhill.

The best eat last week was definitely the vanilla/lemon cake from Jake's

The best workout was last Monday. It was a faster jog for the xc team and I threw in one mile of speed, then went to boot camp and it was all arms and I'm pretty sure my arms are still sore! Darn those TRX bands!

The best activity was laying in a float in the pool and reading a book! Well, that and being able to do laundry!!

The best purchase (besides the washer/dryer) might be this dress https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MXV2HI7/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1 from Amazon for our cruise. LOL, don't mind the 'no makeup, I just really want to crawl into bed' look.

What are some of your favorites from this week?
What are 3 goals you have for this week?
Any trips planned soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment