background

Friday, June 9, 2017

Favorite Things - Summer/Vacation Edition

I am leaving in less than 2 weeks for a big family drive/trip/cruise so I am ordering stuff and getting ready to pack for our big trip!

Here's the packing list I am using for our trip. This is my 2nd packing list for our shorter distance drives  I am definitely a spreadsheet gal when it comes to organizing and packing. One thing that we purchased not too long ago is this charging strip. It's already been so helpful on a few short trips, especially with charging watching, phones, Nooks, iPads, etc.

I also just purchased this blue tooth receiver and streamer. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks super promising! Our Suburban is a bit ancient and doesn't have anything fancy, and I want to be able to stream music that I have downloaded on my phone since we'll be out in the middle of nowhere for a bit :)

I just got this visor this week and I couldn't decide on which color, so I went with both! I love that the sides are so thin, it curves against my head really well, and it's extremely light. When I'm in the pool, I really like my hair on top of my head for some reason and visors work perfectly for that.

Now that it's getting warmer and the kids are out of school, we're putting a little more thought into our breakfasts and lunches simply because we have more time. I still like to make lunch out of leftovers, so we've done roasted vegetable quesadillas and pulled pork salads. The kids have begged for smoothies every morning so we go back and forth between chocolate Vega proteins & greens with frozen bananas, vanilla greek yogurt, and peanut butter mixed in and vanilla Vega proteins & greens with spinach, frozen bananas, and frozen blueberries. I've been digging egg whites with leftover pulled pork and salsa. It fills me up :) My cousin brought a salad for Easter and she added goat cheese in it. I haven't been able to get it out of my head since! Costco has goat cheese! I had to buy some, so yesterday was a spinach salad with goat cheese, plum, peach, and Bolthouse cilantro avocado dressing. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it!
I also saw someone post a recipe on Instastory about stuffed chicken. She pounded out a chicken breast and stuffed it with pesto, hummus, sundried tomatoes, and feta. I cannot get that out of my head either, so I may have to add it to our pasta night tonight!

What are your Friday night plans?

What are your favorite summer meals? 

What are your favorite summer activities? 

No comments:

Post a Comment