background

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Month In Review - May 2017

Another month has come and gone! This is one of my favorite months because it's Lukey's birthday and his 8 year anniversary of brain surgery (he's 100% healthy!) and it's the last month of teaching until August! Running this month was a bit of a struggle. I'm not a huge spring runner and I honestly think that the end of the year is catching up with me. It's like I don't realize how tired my body is until I'm running ;) I've managed to keep a decent pace but my overall effort feels higher. I'm just trying to keep my eyes on summer! I coach xc so we'll do some easy runs to get my peeps in shape or back in shape for fall and honestly, it's super fun and pretty chill which is exactly what I think I need right now! I have my RRCA course this weekend and I am super pumped about being able to write a 1/2 marathon training plan for the hubs and I for our race in August.

Some goals from May:
1. Get my gut under control.
2. Cut back on coffee.
3. Cut out white sugar.
4. Cut back on gluten.
5. Add fruits and veggies.
6. Check out intermittent fasting.
7. Continue collagen and ACV.
8. Continue my run streak.
9. Add in more strength.
10. Run more with friends.

Checking in and new goals:
1. My stomach is definitely doing better :) I think it's part of continuing the ACV and collagen. I need to get some small packets of collagen to take with me this summer!
2. I am about 50/50 on this one. I feel like getting up early and working out gives me more energy, but coffee helps even more with this one. I sort of naturally lay off coffee (at least hot coffee) over the summer because it's just too darn hot!
3. I have pretty much cut out white sugar, which again helps with my stomach. I've reached the conclusion that white sugar is basically a drug and highly addictive for me and I truly have an issue doing things in moderation so until I can work on that more, it's out of my diet.
4. I have figured out that a little bit of gluten in a whole wheat form earlier in the day is okay; otherwise, I am extremely bloated and it hurts my stomach, especially when running!
5. This one is fairly easy for me because I love fruits and veggies. What I probably need to work on is adding healthy fats :)
6. Okay, so I've been trying to eat during 8 hours of the day and fasting for 16. I'm not super strict with it and if I'm super hungry, then I eat. I'm not sure how much of a difference I have noticed other than being less hungry by the time lunch and dinner roll around. That seems counter-intuitive but I'll take it.
7. Collagen and ACV are going great!
8. Today is day 74 of my run streak.
9. I have definitely added in more strength training especially because the hubs and I are working out at a boot camp 3 x's per week and it's super fun.
10. I'm running about 2-3 x's per week with friends (and fast ones!)

New Goals;
1. Continue healthy eating.
2. More intuitive eating.
3. Continue run streak.
4. Continue strength training and come up with a plan for summer vacation.
5. Get min. 8 hours sleep each night.

What are some of your June goals?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Riss, I'm trying to get ahold of you but I don't see a "contact me" on your page. I'm at www.runtessrun.com If you need me to, I'll shoot you my email but I have an email connection on my blog so you don't have to think I'm stalking you or anything. I just tried to connect to your blog and I want to alert to something you should know. Could be I didn't look hard enough. I grabbed you from runeatrepeats page.

    ReplyDelete