background

Friday, May 26, 2017

Catching Up!

It must be the end of the school year or something because I feel a little bit like a chicken without a head, but in a good way because school is out in a week!! And I only have one more full schedule day :)

Last weekend the boy had his buddies over for his 10th bday celebration. His actual bday is this Sunday but we figured people might be out of town for Memorial Day. We had a Rubik's Cube party and the hubs printed out instructions and taught 10 year old boys how to solve a Rubik's Cube. He's a saint.
And of course he had to have sprinkle Kodiak cakes :)

After the boys left, the hubs and I got in a hot and sweaty 4 mile run.
This was followed by pool time and date night!

We had the family over for a bbq on Sunday. We have family dinner about 90% of the time on Sundays and it is one of my favorite traditions! We bought some pool rings to float around in...

Sunday morning's run was rough. 8 mi @ 8:13, but I felt so sluggish. I'm thinking maybe it was laying out by the pool and the increase in temp. It was about 65 when we started and close to 75 when we finished. Ah!  I'm not quite ready for summer running, or at least summer temps!

Monday's run was 2 miles on the treadmill and strength training.

Tuesday was 3 miles on the treadmill and strength training.

Wednesday was 4.5 miles of hills.

Thursday was 4 miles on the treadmill and abs. Are you seeing a trend here? The hubs' quad is still sore so since I run so stinking early, I prefer to either run with him or on the 'mill. Plus on Thursday, we drove down south to get my eyebrows microbladed and we had to leave at 6am, so the treadmill at 4am it was! Here's sort of a before (with numbing cream).
And here's sort of an after ;) I need to go back in 4-6 weeks for my touch up, especially on my right brow. She had to create a nice little patch of hair so she had to enlarge the space because it shrinks up so they don't match perfectly yet. She also said that they will be super dark for about 5 days or so.

And just one pic of my eats for this week! I've been craving stone fruit salad, so this is spinach with mango, plum, strawberries, goat cheese, and a bit of Bolthouse Farms yogurt ranch. It was amazing!

Friday's workout was a 1 mile warmup followed by an hour of boot camp at a local gym. My arms feel like they are going to fall off... I'll keep you posted on that :) My goal is to lean up a bit and really work on cutting back on the sugar! The hubs is all in so I feel really good about trying to feel really good :) Happy Weekend!!

Have you ever done a boot camp/crossfit?
Do you enjoy group classes or prefer to workout by yourself?
What was your best eat this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment