background

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Top 5 From the Weekend

I traveled with the girls to Napa, CA and we stayed in Windsor. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but here's my top 5!

1. Healdsburg, CA. This is the cutest city. There is a town square and it kind of reminds me of the town square in Gilmore Girls. We spent most of our Saturday there shopping, eating, and wine tasting. I had an affogato with browned butter and sage ice cream. Holy moly, it was amazing.
Image result for healdsburg ca town square
2. Williamson Winery. They are my favorite winery. Not only do they have what I think is the best wine, but they pair all of their wines with the best cheeses and recipes. And my 3 girlfriends and I all left with $29 truffle salt. The stuff is ridiculously good.
3. The coolest grocery stores ever. Most grocery stores had a full hot bar (like Whole Foods) and it was all local stuff. I wanted to bring the hubs home a souvenir but $17 hot fudge seemed excessive (especially after my truffle salt!)

4. Ice cream for days! In addition to the affogato, I bought a pint of Halo Top and I made sure to finish it in the 2 days that we were there. I may have had a couple of bites at breakfast (twice!)

5. Coming home! I love getting away and spending time with girlfriends, but there is nothing better than coming home to my family, animals, bed, and house!


No comments:

Post a Comment