And now for some of my spring goals:
- Eat whole foods. I truly believe in balance but recently I have let sugar overtake my life so I really want to focus on eating stuff that I make rather than boxed stuff or overly carby/sugary stuff. I know I feel better, run better, sleep better, etc.
- Racing: I have an upcoming race on 4/30. My main goal right now is to run hard and have fun. I will be happy with a sub 1:45, but I’m okay with not hitting a new PR. Spring races are always a little tough for me because my hardest training time comes during summer and by this time of year, I am trying to fend off injuries.
- Take care of my body. Like I mentioned, I know that I struggle with injury during this time of year, so I am being mindful about stretching, yoga, cross training, and rest days.
- Continue to create a strong base for marathon training that will begin this summer! This also includes running with a group at least once a week. It keeps me accountable and helps me go faster.
- Listen to my body. Sometimes I love taking rest days and some days I hate it. I am really trying to be mindful about listening to my body and what it needs in order to stay strong and healthy.
- Love myself. I need to remember to treat myself the way that I treat my children, whom I love unconditionally.
What are your spring goals?
Running any spring races?
What is your favorite thing about spring?