background

Monday, April 3, 2017

My Weekend in Running, Thoughts, Eating, and Pictures

Friday morning started out with 5 tempo miles and then we took the kids to the track after work/school to do a track workout. We did an 800 warm up, a 400 fast, 800 fast, 400 fast, and then an 800 cool down. Braden has his first track meet this weekend! He has decided to do an 800, 1500, and a 3000. We used this workout to work on his start/finish and using a gps watch.

Then we happened to notice that the strawberry stand was open!

We introduced the kids to Ace Ventura and they giggled like crazy. We definitely had to fast forward through way more than what I remember! 

Saturday started out with a 6 mile jog. I really wanted a jumping picture, so I woke B up to take it for us. Bless his little heart, he was more than happy to oblige.
The hubs had to work, so we turned the kids' report cards in for free Krispy Kreme donuts (an A = a donut!!) and then we headed over to Home Depot to make bunny boxes!
We finished off the day with some pool time. (Pool time = the best time!)

Sunday was supposed to be our long run and I just felt off. I'm sure it was what I ate the day before (too much sugar and gluten) and then just being out in the sun. So, we slept in and got in a fairly painful 4 mile run.
My favorite eats as of late include overnight oats with blueberries and vanilla greek yogurt 
And big huge salads with whatever leftover veggies/protein that we have.

I am really looking forward to seeing Braden race his little heart out this weekend! I'm also looking forward to 90 degrees and some more pool time. 4 1/2 days until spring break!

What was your favorite eat this weekend? 
What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?
What are you most looking forward to this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment