background

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WIAW

I have a 1/2 marathon coming up this weekend so I am buckling down on nutrition so that I don't make myself miserable while I run :)

I'll stick with my typical breakfast of egg whites and spinach with a slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread and coffee
Or my other go to, which is plain oatmeal mixed with a scoop of Vega. 

I definitely try and get at least 20 grams of protein and some good complex carbs.

Lunch this week will mostly be leftovers from dinner :) Yesterday was this yummy salad with roasted veggies, leftover rotisserie chicken, and Bolthouse greek yogurt ranch dressing.

Last night I made copy cat PF Chang's lettuce wraps and roasted veggies. I can't believe that the hubs hasn't shot down sweet potatoes yet. We seriously go through almost 10 lbs in a week. I can't believe I'm not orange yet. It's the one food that I just do not get sick of! 

I was in such a funk yesterday, which was because A) I didn't get up and work out. B) I started my day in negative thoughts C) I was tired D) I ate like crap E) the munchkin made plans for a school bud to come over because he had a huge assignment due the next day and they had to film stuff together = super annoyed F) I was on my phone/distracted way too much!

So, in order to change that I A) woke up and immediately thought and prayed over what I am grateful for, even the munchkin that drives me crazy with his lack of planning ;)
B) I got up earlier than usual to do devotions & have coffee before everyone was up
C) Even though I was up earlier, I'm not tired because I worked out!
D) I am pumping my body full of not only good foods, but good foods that I enjoy!
E) As soon as I get home from work today, my phone is going on my night stand. I'm also going to delete my FB app. I can still get on it via the internet on my phone, but I feel like it takes more time to read through it than Insta or Snap.

If you're having a bad day, is there a way that you can instantly turn it around? 
What do you do to prep for a race? 
What is a food that you can eat everyday without getting sick of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment