background

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

WIAW

We did some 13th birthday party shopping at the Dollar Store and made out pretty well! We decided to continue our mother/daughter date with charcoal face masks.

Let me just tell you, these things are no joke! It ripped out my tiny baby hairs on my face and I may have screamed. Mady definitely screamed!

The hubs smoked bbq chicken last night and I baked sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli and kobucha (Japanese pumpkin). Usually we meal prep on Sundays and we just dropped the ball this week and after eating a protein bar, carrots & hummus for lunch, I decided it was crucial to make a yummy dinner for leftovers!
I like to use Greek yogurt on my sweet potato and a little bit of garlic sriarcha bbq sauce (Trader Joe's). We were running low on shredded cheese, so I let the littles have it, but otherwise I like to add that as well. We buy our chicken from Zaycon farms (https://zayconfresh.com/refer/zf195178) about twice a year. I buy 2 cases (80 pounds) and as soon as I pick it up, I trim it, marinate it, and freeze it in bags that are divided up for meals, which for our family of 5 is typically about 7 small chicken breasts. I end up paying about $1.69/lb for boneless skinless chicken breasts. I have a list of exactly how much bbq sauce, soy sauce, and Italian dressing for 2 cases. It takes me about 3 hours to sort it all out, but then I have chicken meals for the next 6 months. I haven't tried any other meat yet, but I've been super happy with their chicken!

I finished off  the night with 1/2 decaf coffee and 1/2 peppermint cocoa. If you haven't tried it, you must! It's amazing!

And of course I can't sit on the couch without Dory

What type of meat do you buy the most? 
If you had to eat the same thing every day, what would you eat?
Do you like to cook? Bake? Neither?

No comments:

Post a Comment