background

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday 10 (things from the weekend!)

We had a long weekend! Yay! Now, it's no breaks until April, whew.

We ran into my sis at Costco Friday night, so we went to dinner together. We hardly ever eat out on Friday nights, but it was a nice needed visit and break. And I'm always down for good bbq!

Saturday morning was my monthly run and breakfast with the girls, which is always my fav! We tried a new to me place and their veggie omelet was legit.

Basketball games and dinner out with the besties


Sunday morning started with an easy 4 miles, banana & pecan Kodiak cakes, and church.

The kiddos got Del Taco gift cards for Christmas, so they decided to treat us to lunch after church.

We made dinner for friends that just had their first baby, so I just tripled the recipe for chicken pot pie and we had our traditional Sunday night dinner with the inlaws.

Here's the recipe if you're interested :)
2 Pillsbury Pie Crusts
2 cups of shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken!)
1 small bag of mixed frozen veggies
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
Dash of salt/pepper

Set your oven to 425. Mix the chicken, veggies, and cream of mushroom soup. Lay the bottom crust into a pie dish, put the chicken mixture in it and cover with cheese, salt, & pepper, and lay the top crust on the mixture. Pinch the edges together and put knife slits into the top of the pie. Cook for about 30 min and cover the edges of the pie after 20 min, so that they don't brown too much.

This is my go to recipe for bringing dinners to people because I can just put it in a disposable pie dish and send it with a bag of salad, and a treat and it's a perfect, easy to make & deliver meal :)

I also made a peanut butter fudge ice cream pie, which was equally as easy to make!

1 oreo pie crust
1/2 half gallon ice cream (yes, a 1/2 of a 1/2 gallon of ice cream). I used Umpqua peanut butter fudge, Target has a really good one too!
1/2 med sized cool whip
1 package of Reece's

I made 2 of these at once so I bought 2 pie crusts and used the whole ice cream and cool whip.

Let the ice cream soften and mix it with the cool whip, toss it into your pie crust and top it with Reece's. Cover it and freeze it for at least an hour. You can make this fancy, by adding circles of chocolate sauce and taking a tooth pick through it to make designs :)

Monday morning was a beautiful 6 mile run. It rained on and off all weekend, so the air was clear and crisp and didn't rain on us at all. It was raining about 20 minutes before we left, so I was thankful for the break while running!


And of course since there was a break in the storm, we hit up the park for a few hours and then took the kiddos to see Lego Batman (it was so cute!)

We had a quick dinner of salad and roasted veggies (after pigging out on candy & popcorn at the movies)

I have a 1/2 this weekend, so this week I am focusing on staying healthy and will have a fairly easy run/workout week. During the week of a race, I also try and cut back on processed sugar (after the Hot Tamales yesterday!) and gluten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment