background

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday Meal Prep

I meal prep about 75% of the time. This usually means cooking an extra bag of chicken and making extra roasted veggies on Sunday night when we bbq for the inlaws. Sometimes this means cooking extra of a meal early in the week so that I have leftovers for the rest of the week.

This week I made vegetable enchilada casserole and riced Spanish cauliflower. There wasn't any rice leftover because everyone had seconds! But I definitely have some casserole for the rest of the week!

Roasted veggies for the enchiladas. I made 1/2 with whole wheat tortillas & 1/2 with corn tortillas (we have a few gf family members :) & I added rotisserie chicken, and topped with a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese)

For the rice, I browned minced garlic and a bit of EVOO and added 1 bag of riced cauliflower, 21 seasoning salute, 1 can of italian tomatoes, and added flaked red pepper and cooked it for about 20 minutes.
The biggest problem I find that I have with meal prepping is that I get bored of eating the same food all week. I usually try and make a 2nd meal on Tuesday night to finish off the week with.

Other weekend catch up stuff:
I ran with a couple of girlfriends and grabbed breakfast Saturday morning, which was a blast. We decided that this had to be a monthly thing! Sunday was 7 rainy/cold/windy miles with friends and the hubs.
I am really trying to focus on strength training, stretching, and using my fascia blaster to work on this silly IT band/knee issue.

Dory decided to help me out last night :)
This morning was a 1 mile warm up, 30 min of strength training (legs), and a 1 mile cool down, followed by 4 min of 30 sec @ 9mph and an 8 incline with 30 sec of rest. Whew! It was intense!

Tomorrow will be running in a new (to me) city with the hubs, so that is always fun and something to look forward to!

Do you meal prep?

What meals do you make? 

Do you get tired of eating the same things or can you eat the same stuff every day?

Where is your favorite place to run?

1 comment:

  1. Running in new places is one of my favorite things to do! I love to run when I'm traveling to get a feel for what it would be like to live somewhere else. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete