background

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Birthday Thoughts

I am officially 35. I don't feel 35 (most days!). I truly forget my age sometimes, that is until I see someone else my age and realize that they don't look 20 anymore, so I must not be 20 either.


My favorite things about being 35:
-The stability of my job, house, etc.
-I have great hair. It's taken me some time to figure out how to tame the beast but it's tamed ;)
-I am stronger now than I was in my 20s, both physically and mentally.
-My kids are much more fun now than they were even 5 years ago.
-The freedom to travel with my family.
-My tribe.
-My relationship with my hubby gets better/stronger/more fun each year


Having a December birthday can be a little tough because the month is so stinking busy. I have found that it's so much easier to just plan something and tell the hubs exactly what I would like to do. So, yesterday began with him getting me coffee. 

What 35 looks like:
Then lots of bday wishes from my students (and thank goodness no singing because the bday song makes me feel super uncomfortable!). Then Ray took me to lunch. Then a peppermint latte and I got my hair done, followed by dinner with the family. 

We have 3 December birthdays so we tend to celebrate them all at once, which I have grown to love.

This was also my first birthday without my dad. I'm not sad for him because I know where he's at. He's not in any pain and I know how proud he was of me and how much he loved me when he left this world. One of his very favorite things was coffee and especially Starbucks. It was kind of a joke that I made sure to get him a Starbucks gift card for his birthday, Father’s Day, and Christmas and it hit me in Starbucks the other day that I wouldn't be getting him a card this year. So my sister, whose bday is 12/6, got me a Starbucks card to carry on the tradition. 


Happy Wednesday! 


What are some of your favorite birthday/holiday traditions?




No comments:

Post a Comment