background

Monday, August 8, 2016

Joy after Sorrow

Preacher man talked spoke on John yesterday and how Jesus said that in Him we have peace. The world is filled with sorrow and tribulation but He is peace.
My sister called my husband last Wednesday to help her move my dad because he was falling out of bed. My dad has been in failing health for the last 10 years. His heart was functioning at about 20% and he had a defibrillator surgically implanted about 4 years ago. Recently he has looked much more frail and has been in a lot of pain. Somehow he remained in good spirits and came to most family functions. 

Ray came home about 3 hours later and told me that my dad had fallen asleep and didn't wake up. He had gone to the doctor that morning and told my mom that if this was the level of pain he was going to live in then he just wanted to go home with his Heavenly Father. And that is exactly what he did. 

Nothing was left unsaid with my dad. I knew that he was immensely proud of me. I know that he found great pleasure in my family. He knew what a strong moral compass he was for me growing up. And I know how much he loved the Lord. The legacy is and will be strong with this one.


My Lukey sure loved his Pappy

The sunrise that we saw the day after his passing
Sometimes God's peace can be overwhelming.






No comments:

Post a Comment