background

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 10: Rome

We started the day with a 90 minute drive from the port to the Vatican. Thankfully we only had about a 25 minute wait to get in. I cannot even begin to describe the amount of people there. I felt like I was manhandled by the time we left 
Then we headed to the Sistine Chapel. No pictures were allowed but I'll suffice it to say that I was in awe and a few tears were shed while standing there.

Next was St Peter's Basilica.
Then we had the best lasagna on this planet!
It was interesting that first pasta was served, then chicken and a salad and potatoes, followed by dessert. They served vanilla flan and I didn't hate it. Nothing will equal this lasagna though! 
Then we did a drive around of the city and saw the coliseum 
Then we parked and walked to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain
I thought our tour guide was messing with us when she said that McDonald's in Italy has gelato. Nope, she was telling the truth!
Rome was overwhelming to say the least, but a good overwhelming and I'm so thankful to have had the experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment