background

Saturday, November 21, 2015

My first competitive 5k

The last 2 weeks have pretty much sucked. There's been a bit of work drama, parent drama, runner drama, I'm sick and I'm emotional because it's the end of the season (cross country) and our team captains are seniors and they seem so irreplaceable right now. I honestly had no idea how close my runners would become. One girl summed it up well, "you guys are our moms! You love us, you push us, you chastise us." It's amazing what being with this group of people 5-6 days/week for 4 months can do. I'm beyond excited to see what our seniors go off and do! Oh, and we had a 3rd place girl who's moving on to state. Our girls were 5th overall in the valley, which is amazing!

Here's one of my runners that ran the turkey trot with us (way in front of us!) today!
Braden got 25:43!!
I finished 22:34. I felt horrible! I've been fighting a nasty cold and I even stopped to blow my nose! This 5k business is no joke! I got 1st in my age group, along with B Man!
It was a successful day!
Now we're off to party with my mama for her 70th!




No comments:

Post a Comment