background

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Race Recap

I ran Judgement Day today. This is the 2nd time I've ran this race. And I PR'd by over 9 minutes! I came in 40th out of 617 people, 6th female, and 1st female in my age group!
Yesterday, my team and I did a 5k color obstacle run so that was sort of my shakeout run. Last night was our friend's 40th b-day, so we had to join him! I was a little worried about having a beer, but I stayed pretty good with a turkey burger. I won't mention the truffle fries. Whew. I got up 2 hours before my run and had 24oz of water and a cup of coffee. Thankfully, I took care of business before leaving for the race. My sweet hubby dropped me off and then met me around mile 10 at the top of a massive hill with the kiddos and these signs
He got some cool pics 
I used a gu about 10 minutes prior to the run and again at about mile 9. 
Mostly negative splits and I bet you can guess where the hills were!
I am beyond proud of those last few miles! I took my own advice I give my kids about thinking only positive thoughts and using my arms when my legs got tired.

My best compliment of the day (and maybe ever) was the guy at the end of the race who came up to me and said that he worked really hard to catch up to me and just couldn't do it. 

And now it's time for football, a yummy chicken and avocado salad, and some rest and rolling out these muscles!




No comments:

Post a Comment