background

Monday, September 21, 2015

Be Coachable

Whew! It feels like this has been the busiest two weeks of my life! I decided to put my name in the hat for co-department chair, because I like to torture myself with extra work and meetings :-P And I got the job! I am truly grateful and excited, just not entirely sure how to squeeze everything in. As a matter of fact, I missed my first meeting this afternoon because of xc practice.

Last week started a little rough: B Man was super sick 
He seems to be feeling much better and he's super excited to start football with Lukey and Mady is starting volleyball.

Friday night was homecoming :)

Saturday was an xc meet and all of our kids did better than the previous week, so that's a win in my book!

These kids make my heart swell.
It's not quite fall weather here (100 today!) but Sunday football makes it feel like fall.
I signed up for another 1/2 marathon on 10/4, so 2 days of speed work, and 2 long runs and 1 easy day. I don't usually do 2 long runs but my xc kids are up to 8 miles and I need an 11 miler. I thought about adding 3 miles to my long run with the kids, but I felt dead after practice.

This week goals:
1.) 
Monday: speed, 400, 400, 800, 1600, 800. 7:00/mi.
Tuesday: easy 40 min.
Wed: 5 pace
Thurs: 3 
Fri: speed, 8 X 400 (1:30), 30 sec rest
Sat: 12 miles

2.) Finish grading 3 periods of essays (I HATE grading essays!)

3.) Find time for date night with my gorgeous lover!

And lastly, we are working on focusing on being in the right mind set while we run and being coachable.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment