background

Friday, July 24, 2015

St. George, UT

Firstly, St. George is gorgeous! The mountains are full of all sorts of colors and shapes. Secondly, the hiking was stupendous. Thirdly, it was hot! We spent quite a bit of time in the pool. Our departure was delayed by a day so we arrived Monday around lunchtime. We ate and headed out for Kanarra Falls, which is similar to the narrows in Zion but much less populated. I think we saw about 20 people during our hike. I would assume we hiked about 4-5 miles round trip and ended here
This was on the way back down the mountain
The coral dirt was beautiful. Apparently this color due to the high concentration of iron.

The next day we hiked Angels Landing in Zion. Well, the kids and I hiked to the 2 mile turn around and the hubs went the last 1/2 mile over the treacherous rock.
We also hiked weeping rock. The water sifts through the rocks over the course of 1000 years and it appears to rain from the rocks

On Wednesday, I did a quick 5 mile run near the hotel. My stomach was some kind of angry at me and I was extremely thankful for a beautiful running path with restrooms! Then we hit up a bouldering park 
And we checked out down town & ate at Cafe Rio. The tortillas were to die for and the salad was bigger than my head.

Thursday morning the hubs and I did a trail run directly behind our hotel 
It was beautiful and went great until I took a nasty tumble right after our turn around point
And 7 hours later we are back home in our cozy beds! 







No comments:

Post a Comment