background

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Race Recap

The hubs and I decided to run a 1/2 today in town so that we can use it as training for a 1/2 on 3-1-15. We both PR'd. The hubs finished at 1:47 and I was at 1:48:18. 

Before the race:
After the race:
And my unofficial time:
And the breakdown:
Miles 1-5 were fast! I slowed down a bit at mile 5 because I had to pee, there was supposed to be a porta potty at the 10K turnaround but I would have had to back track to get there so I kept running. At about mile 7, I thought my stomach was going to explode and thankfully I was able to hit the porta potty at mile 9. The race was called "A Riverbed Runs Through It" and for some crazy reason I assumed it was along our local bike path, but it was actually on the trail closer to the riverbed (Duh!) Miles 9-11 were in soft sand. 12-13 were okay. My foot is now super pissed off and I'm praying a few days of rest will do it good. A sore foot was kind of worth the PR though ;)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, a 1:48 PR even with a bathroom stop?? That is awesome. That happens to be my PR time too, so I know you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete