background

Sunday, August 17, 2014

First 1/2


My girl friend had to back out of a 1/2 for work :( Boo! So, she gave the hubs her bib. He's training for a Disney 10K + 1/2 at the end of the month so he had built up 10 miles and decided to go for it!
This was the scenery for a good part of the run. We stayed together for the 1st 2 miles or so. There were 2 gnarly hills. One at mile 5 and another at mile 10. The last 3 were all down hill and it was beautiful. There were so many aide stations that I lost count. 
He finished in 2:10!

It was honestly one of the toughest runs I have done because of the heat and hills.

I finished in 2:01, which is not a PR by any means but I was glad to have gotten it done!

I think I may have talked him into signing up for the last run of this series: judgement day.




No comments:

Post a Comment